Six steps to creating your photography website
Building a professional website is not an easy job, but that doesn’t mean you can’t create one yourself. You just need some guidance and tip to create one, and of course, you need to put a little time and dedication to it.
In this blog post, I would give you six steps to create your photography website.
- Use WordPress. The biggest mistake you would ever make when creating your photography website is not using WordPress. With WordPress, you control and own everything on your site. When you choose another platform, you would have to abide by their terms of services. There is also a tendency of your website getting vanished when you are using other platforms. So use WordPress as a platform for your site.
- Choose a Domain Name. Choosing a simple, easy-to –remember domain name is crucial when you are creating your website. When selecting your domain name, make it the name of your business, or it could be your name and the word photography. Examples of a photography domain name include “tashaphotography.com” or “beautylife.com.”
- Use a good template. The proverb “don’t judge a book by its cover” is not applicable when it comes to business. Customers would judge your business by your website. It is crucial to make your site look good and beautiful by using a good template.
- Design the pages. When your photography website has so many pages, it gets clumsy and cumbersome. All you need on your photography website is just Home, Contact, about and a Gallery; this is just an example of the pages that should be on your website, you can customize it to suit your taste. What you are trying to achieve is a simple, catchy websites that would be easy for customers to navigate and contact you.
- Upload pictures and organize the gallery. A photography website is not complete without photographs. After designing the pages, the next step is to upload photos. After uploading the pictures, it is best to split them into different categories such as architecture, landscape, wedding, etc. so that your visitors can find what they want quickly without hassle.
- Publish website and promote it. After doing all the above steps, the last step is to publish and promote your website on social media. You can publish and promote your photography website on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. You have to be consistent on working on your website if you want to be successful.
— Michael Embry (@MichaelEmbry) 6 de mayo de 2017