How to build your photography website and grow your business
Building a photography website is one, growing your business is two. But don’t worry; we will discuss how to build your site and how to grow your business in this article.
First let’s talk about building your photography website; I would give you some simple steps to do that:
- Set up your domain and hosting. Before you start your website, you need to set up your domain name and web hosting. Your domain name is your website’s identity on the net. For example, Facebook’s domain is facebook.com.
Web hosting is just like a computer where you can upload your content, images, websites, etc. so people can see it. There are so many web hosting and domain registering companies; it is advised to go for one that suits you.
- Choose your website program. Once you have settled your domain and hosting, you should get your website program sorted out too. You surely want a site that gives you full control of your site; so I advise you go for WordPress.
- Choose a theme. Make sure you choose a theme that is professional and not childish. There are lots of beautiful themes available that you can buy.
- Add images and content. HURRAY!! You have succeeded in creating your excellent and professional website, all you get fresh contents and images for your site, and you should also add your portfolio and services. Consider having different pages including home, blog, services, portfolio, about us and contact us. If you have an e-commerce store, you can also include a shop.
Now that you have a website, you need to grow your business. Here are some tips to grow your site:
- Treat your clients with care. They are not just your customers; they are your family and friend. Know their names, their birthdays, and even their children’s’ or pet’s’ names. Always keep in touch. This is a nice way to keep customers.
- Use social media. Social media helps you get noticed, so use that to your advantage. Know your targeted audience and build them into potential customers.
- Ask your customers to refer you to others. Word of mouth is one of the greatest marketing tools ever. People tend to trust their friends or families better than YOU; always know that. Telling your customers to refer you to their friends or families is an excellent way to grow your business.
- Use SEO. SEO can get you a huge traffic on your website and with the right attitude; you can turn this traffic into customers.
— PhotoWorkout (@PhotoWorkout) 8 de junio de 2017